The Nigerian Police Force has recorded more success in the Operation Puff Adder which was launched by the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu in a bid of fighting criminality and kidnapping across Nigeria.
The Police Operatives on Monday has arrested 38 suspects for arm robbery, kidnapping and smuggling which in the process recovered 24 AK47 riffles, 6000 live ammunition, 10 English Pistols and others.
The Police gave the announcement through a press release in Abuja through the Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Frank MBA who gave the names of the syndicates and their activities.
He said: “The syndicate – Ojoomo Olugbenga 45yo native of Akure Central, Ondo, Oladimeji Adeogun 50yo native of Ido LGA of Oyo, Habib Musibau 24yo native of Oluyole LGA of Oyo & Thomas Olumuyiwa 54yo, of Ado-odo Ota LGA, Ogun, were arrested at Saki town, Nigeria-Benin border in Oyo State.”
“The 4-man syndicate specializes in smuggling small arms, light weapons & ammunition from North Africa through the Sahel and supplying same to their criminal partners – kidnappers, armed robbers, political thugs & other criminal elements – in Nigeria & other W/African countries.” Mba added
- Fake news alert: President Buhari has not approved State/Local Police
- Nigeria Police Force introduces Mobile App
- Police officer who said Prostitution is a crime in Nigeria gets transferred to Nkalagu- Twitter users makes fun of him (Read)
- Viral: ‘Even God supports stealing’- Police officer extorting commuters for money video emerges (watch)
- Nigerian Police: ‘Prostitution is a crime under the law’ read reasons stated
Giving his remark, IGP Mohammed Adamu thanked the general public for their useful information, he appreciated the men in charge during the operation and reteirated that the Police will continually work round the clock with other security authorities to combat crime and intervene in Nigeria border smuggling activites.